Shri. G. Chandrashekar Reddy
Shri. G. Chandrashekar Reddy, IFS
As Divisional Forest Officer Chittoor East Division worked on
1. Rejuvenation of Redsander forest areas in Chittor District
2. Bamboo natural regeneration revival in Talakona Forest area
3. Establishment of Teak seed orchard and Sandal seed orchard in collaboration with IWST
4. Establishment of Joint forest Management System in chittoor District
5. Social accountability to chittoor town redsander forest through walker’s Association
6. Prepared “Haritha” project for Tirumala hills development and also Catchment’s area
treatment project for “Swarnamukhi” river in Chittor district.
As Project Director DPAP (APRLP) Mahaboobnagar:
1. Worked on cost effective Soil and Moisture conservation works on Participatory watershed management model and drought proofing involving NGO network.
2. In Andhra Pradesh rural livelihoods project I had an opportunity to orient 30 open market
professionals on watershed based livelihoods and run the district capacity building centre
3. As strategy for livelihoods development, Fisherman cooperatives are encouraged to take
up the fisheries development by giving them capacity building inputs, credit and market linkages in watershed project villages.
4. In order to increase land, animal and tree productivity, took up live stock development program by encouraging Para workers to take up fodder plots and artificial insemination and as incentives chaff cutters, water troughs and trevices are installed in the villages.
5. About 12000 hectares of mango and sweet orange orchards are developed
6. Seed village concept is initiated with ICRISAT collaboration.
7. About 200 women self help groups are trained to raise nursery seedlings and take up plantation in the community lands.
8. The social audit charts and simplified estimate manual developed are easily understood by the people. Water recharge is taken up trough large no of dried up dug wells Mahaboobnagar district
9.the farm run off rainwater is diverted to the dried up well through diversion drain into silt trap and then through pipe in to the well so that well brims are not be damaged. It is the cheapest way to recharging ground water, and an evaporation loss are least, and rejuvenates adjacent bore wells, reduces electricity consumption for mining ground water. This project is initiated as National Project in the year 2008 by central government. A special action plan is also prepared and implemented for the rejuvenation of the seasonal bore wells in the grey and dark areas involving the ground water department and rural water supply department has given good results.
10. My strategy is oriented towards Women, Water and Woods to achieve the Wisdom, Welfare and Wealth to the villages.
As Executive Director SINGARENI:
1. Raising plantations for achieving self sufficiency in timber and bamboo needs on areas
above underground mines Raised the bio-diesel plantations with the Jatropha, Pongamia and Simarouba species.
2. 3. Environmental education system is streamlined in SCCL schools where in about 12,000
children are imparted with environmental education. Exclusive manual is prepared for
teaching environmental education in schools in collaboration with NGC-AP and WWF
4. Biological engineering in reclamation of the soil overburden dumps with local species is a successful, innovative and replicable strategy pioneered in SCCL.
5. Keeping track of water and air pollution monitoring in and around mine areas and taking up control measures
6. Providing clean, green and aesthetic environment to all the 90,000 employees and their
families and stood for cause of environmental awareness among them
As Vice Chairman and Managing Director APSIDC:
1. Brought in social engineering and sustainability concept in Management of Minor lift
irrigation projects in the state.
2. The quantum jump is achieved in the work on hand and turnover of the corporation
3. Teamwork and camaraderie among the staff of the corporation is made possible.
As Special Commissioner Command Area Development Authority
1. Ensuring the maintenance of irrigation systems through Participatory irrigation
2. Appraising the JICA on progress of the APILIP
3. Presenting irrigation department report to the 13th Finance commission
4. Capacity building program on the micro irrigation systems under lift irrigation
5. Participatory khariff crop planning and capacity building on the water use efficiency for
6. Flood management co-ordination with IMD, CWC and APSRAC
Good at organization of events like sports, workshops, seminars, trainings and capacity buildings for which number of appreciation letters are received from superior officers.
Worked as returning officer for Chandragiri Assembly Constituency, in 1999 State Assembly
Elections. Also worked as observer for GHMC elections, Punganur Municipal Elections, Kurnool Mandal Parishad Elections and Adilabad District Gram Panchayat Elections.
1. Waste land News
2. Yojana (English)
3. Yojana (Telugu)
4. BITS Pilani National
7. Institute of Engineers
Social Engineering for sustainable management of Lift
1. Peoples estimate manual for watershed : Deciphering Estimates preparation for watershed
associations in watershed management (Telugu)
2. Participatory Microplan manual for Watershed Management (Telugu)
3. “Adavulanu Kapadu Kondam” Training Manual on Join Forest Management for Vana
Samrakshana Samithi (Forest Protection Committee) Members (Telugu).
4. Participating methods on involving women self help groups in tree growing / nursery raising in
watershed project villages.
5. Eco-friendly coal mining: Credo of Singareni
6. Managing Historic Flood in Krishna Basin –October 2000: An experience of averting
During my tenure in water conservation mission and in Singareni Collieries Company Limited, ensured winning of large number of awards and rewards from various organizations.
1. The tableau presented on water management theme on 15th August, 2003 won the first prize
2. The tableau presented on roof top water harvesting for domestic needs theme on 26th
January, 2004 won the first prize at the state level.
3. Golden Peacock award 2005 from World Environment Forum
4. Environment Excellence Award 2006 from Greentech environment foundation
5. Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra presented on 5th June 2007 from MOEF , Newdelhi
6. G-cube Good Greeen Governance Award, 2006 from Shristi Foundation. Newdelhi
7. Corporate Environment Excellence Award 2005 fromTERI, Newdelhi
Vol. XVII No. 3 February - April 2002,
Vol. 46 May 2002
Recharging Ground Water in Arid areas –
Vol. 29 No. 8 June 2002
Recharging Ground Water in Arid areas -
Integrated Water Resources Planning and Management.
:Environment and water conservation Vol.3 No.8 April 2004
:Bio-diesel: Agri-Business management
Date of Birth
Address for correspondence
G. Chandrashekar Reddy
G. Venkat Ram Reddy
Mandal : Echoda
Plot no. 50
Indian Forest Service
Date of joining service
1. Bachelor of Science (Forestry) from Osmania University completed in the year 1982-85
2. Master of Science (Life Sciences) from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi in the year
1. Associate of Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, Dehradun (Diploma) which is equal to
Master of Science (Forestry) in the year 1991-1993.
2. Postgraduate Diploma in Environment Management from the Central University, Hyderabad
3. Post Graduate Program in Public Policy and Management at Indian Institute of
Management Bangalore (IIMB) in the year 2004-06 sponsored by the UNDP. Attended, a
two months course, on international public policy dimension, at Maxwell School Syracuse
University, New York as part of PGPPM program
4. Currently registered for Ph.D. Environmental Sciences in Kakatiya University
I am selected for the following fellowships
1. Council for scientific and industrial research (CSIR)Fellow program
2. University Grants Commission (UGC) Junior Research Fellow Program.
3. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Fellowship with an admission into M.Tech.
Bio-chemical Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
4. Selected for Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFR&E) Junior Research
Fellowship Programme with an admission in Institute of Forest Genetics ad Tree Breeding,
Currently working as CEO for Centre for Climate Change and Joint Director General
DR.MCRHRD IAP from July 2010 onwards
Worked as Managing Director Andhra Pradesh Water Resources Development Corporation
from October 2009 to June 2010
Worked as Special Commissioner Irrigation and State Project Director for JICA funded
Andhra Pradesh Irrigation and Livelihood Improvement Projects from May 2009 to August
Worked as Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of Andhra Pradesh Irrigation
Development corporation from July 2007 to March 2009
Worked as Executive Director, Forestry Singareni collieries company Ltd after completing
course work at IIM Bangalore from june’2005 to July 2007
Worked as Additional Chief Executive Officer, Water Conservation Mission from
November’2002 to May’2004
Worked as Special commissioner/ project coordinator for Andhra Pradesh rural
livelihoods project funded by the DFID for a short while before joining in IIM Bangalore
Worked as a Project Director Watershed management program and Andhra Pradesh rural
livelihoods project, for Mahabubnagar district from September’2000 to November’2002.
Worked as Additional Chief Executive Officer, Water Conservation Mission Andhra
Pradesh from July’2000 to September’2000.
Worked as a Divisional Forest Officer, Chittoor district Forest Department from
January’1996 to June’2000.
Worked as a Sub-Divisional Forest Officer in Nizamabad District, Forest Department
from Septmber’1994 to December’1995.
1. One week training from 26th to 30th June 1995 on computer application for officers of the Indian
Forest Service at Institute of Financial Management and Research, Madras.
2. Attended the appreciation course in Parliamentary process and procedures organized by the
Bureau of parliamentary Studies and Training from 26th to 30th July 1993 at New Delhi.
3. Participated in International Conference on Hydrology and Watershed Management on Water
Quality and Conservation for Sustainable Development from 18th to 20th December 2002 at
4. Underwent training course on Global Warming and Climate Change on 16th to 20th October
2000 at TATA Energy Research Institute, New Delhi.
5. Attended on week training programme for IFS officers on Environmental priorities and
sustainable development form October 11th to 15th 1999 at Indian Institute of Management,
6. Attended training programme for IFS officers on Multinational Environmental agreements and
TWO principles on 19th to 23ed November 2001 at TATA Energy Research Institute, New
7. Participated in one week training course on application of remote sensing and GIS in Forestry
conducted by Forest Survey of India, Dehradun from 16-9-2002 to 20-09-2002.
8. Attended Management Development Programme on Joint Forest Management challenges and
opportunities from February 13th to 17th 1995 at Indian Institute of Forest Management,
9. Attended Advanced Forest Management course for IFS officers from 28-8-2001 to 14-9-2001 at
IndiraGandhi National Forest Academy, Dehradun.
10. Attended Training Programme on Watershed Management from 26-2-2001 to 27-02-2001 at
Andhra Pradesh Academy of Rural Development, Hyderabad.
11. Attended training programme on Financial management in government at Institute of
Management and Government, Kochi from November 10th to 14th , 2003.
12. Attended one week training program on Water Conservation and Rain Water Harvesting from
12th June-16th June at regional centre of NAEB, Jadavpur University, Calcutta
13. Attended one week training program on Monitoring the impact of Joint Forest Management on
Rural livelihoods: methods, application and adaptations from 26th to 31st November, 2007 at
Forest training Institute, Jaipur
14. Attended one week training program on Wholistic approach to watershed management through
peoples participation IBRAD, Kolkata from 8th to 12th Februvary 2010
1. Visited Australia from February 22nd to March 05th, 2004 on water management
covering the Murray-Darling river basin from Brisbane to Melbourne.
2. Also visited France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
3. Visited works taken up by Tarun Bharath Sangh, BAIF, and at Hiware Bazar,
4. Had an opportunity to Visit organizations like World Bank, United Nations
Organizations as a part of Public Policy study program